Information for tenantsWhen you rent with Bridgman Property Management, you’ll enjoy the best Auckland rental properties and first-class property management services. You can call on us round the clock with any issues: we’re here to help you.
Best of all, unlike some other property management companies, Bridgman Property Management does not charge you, the tenant, with any letting fees.
How to apply to rent a property
Found a property on the Listings page you’d like to find out more about? Here’s what you need to do next:
1. Arrange a viewing: call us on 09 638 9415 to arrange a viewing.
2. Application form: if you’ve viewed the property and would like to apply to rent the property, download the tenancy application form; fill it in; and return it to us. The information on this form will be used to assess your suitability as a tenant.
3. Documentation: we’ll need to see your driver’s licence or passport before we can start processing your application. We’ll need to see the original documents, and will take photocopies of them.
4. Bond: a bond of 4 weeks’ rent will be required upfront, together with the first fortnight’s rent in advance. This must be paid in cash.
5. Rent: rent payments are due fortnightly by Automatic Payment to our bank account. Please be aware that Bridgman Property Management has a zero tolerance policy for late rent payment. If your rent is late, we will contact you within 24 hours, and if required, we’ll arrange to visit you to collect the outstanding rent. If you think that your rent payment may be late for any reason, please contact us immediately.
If you have a cash flow hiccup, you are able to pay your rent by credit card – please contact us to arrange this. There is an additional credit card fee for this service.
6. Property Inspection Report: If you’re successful with your tenancy application and have completed the Tenancy Agreement, you’ll be given a copy of this important document.
The Property Inspection Report lists the details of the property and its chattels, and the condition of each item.
You can work through this document at your leisure, and then Bridgman Property Management will walk through the property with you to check that everything’s OK. The document is then signed by the tenant(s) and Bridgman Property Management.
It’s important that you keep a copy of the Property Inspection Report, as it’ll be referred to again when you vacate the property.
Hint: Tenants can access all property inspection reports by logging in to our property management system.
About property inspections
Bridgman Property Management will undertake regular property inspections throughout your tenancy. After the initial inspection at the start of the tenancy, we carry out the next inspection within the first month. Thereafter, an inspection is done every 4 months. We also conduct grounds maintenance checks every month.
As well as written records, photographic records will be taken. These can be viewed by tenants and landlords by logging in to our property management system.
You’ll be given at least 48 hours’ written notice of these property inspections. You don’t need to be present at the inspection, and you’ll be emailed a copy of the report, as well as being able to view it online. If you have any issues with the property inspection, please notify us immediately.
How to be a first-class tenant
You’ll receive first-class service from Bridgman Property Management: in return, we’d like you to be first-class tenant by:
- Paying your rent on time: this is vital!
- Treating the property with respect: if anything is broken or needs attention, please tell us straight away. And be sure to look after the property; don’t risk losing your bond.
- Treating the neighbours with respect: don’t allow the noise levels to get too rowdy. And if you’re planning a party, please tell the neighbours in advance.
- Keeping in touch with us: if you’ve got any questions, queries, or concerns – get in touch with us! We’re here to ensure that you enjoy living in your rented home, and want to make it as pleasant for you as possible. If you have any problems with your tenancy, let us know, and also make sure you respond promptly to any communication from us.
What you can expect from Bridgman Property Management
When you rent from Bridgman Property Management, you will:
- Enjoy living in well-maintained, quality properties.
- Have any maintenance issues tended to promptly. We’ll also ensure that any repair work is carried out is good quality.
- Have access to all the information related to your tenancy online.
- Receive prompt attention to your calls, emails and enquiries.
- Be able to contact us 24/7 in case of any emergencies.